The IMPOCO was launched by Greenock & Grangemouth Dockyard Co Ltd., Grangemouth, Scotland as Yard Nr: 353, May 20, 1913.

It was named Impoco for Imperial Oil Co Ltd (Charles O Stillman, Manager) Sarnia, Ontario.

From 1914 to 1918 the IMPOCO was requisitioned for Admiralty service as an oil tanker, the ship's name was unchanged.
Imperial Oil Tanker Impoco 1913 to 1921
imperial Oil Tanker Impoco's last voyage 1921
On April 5, 1921 the IMPOCO ran aground on Blonde Rock, at the entrance to the Bay of Fundy, while on passage from Dartmouth N.S. to St. John N.B. carrying a cargo of gasoline.

IMPOCO was refloated and deliberately beached at Clark's Harbour May 4, 1921.

On May 21, 1921 the oil tanker was again refloated and towed to Halifax for inspection. She was declared a CTL (constructive total loss) and subsequently scrapped.
Looking east, the lower dock at Dartmouth's Imperial Oil  Refinery. Photographed in March 1931.
Looking east, the lower dock at Dartmouth's Imperial Oil  Refinery.
Avenue B Imperoyal Village is outlined in red; the beached oil tanker Impoco is outlined green. Photographed in March 1931.

Eventually IMPOCO was beached just off shore from Imperial Village Avenue B. It remained there, rusting away, until the Second World War. No more information is available.